+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 987: "The Dream Fades?! The Plot to Ensnare Sanji!"

Default 987: "The Dream Fades?! The Plot to Ensnare Sanji!"

Do they let an AI write these titles or something?

Title: "The Dream Fades?! The Plot to Ensnare Sanji!"
    Chapters Covered: 981
    Episode Director: Yutaka Nakashima (***1/2)
    Animation Director: Kenji Yokoyama (***)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Default Re: 987: "The Dream Fades?! The Plot to Ensnare Sanji!"

So, now there's about a 40 chapter gap between the anime and manga, and since the anime doesn't have to take breaks unlike poor Oda, is there a chance they might overtake the manga?

One Piece Episode 988 Preview

Manga: "Is that King?!?!" Last page: Nope!
    Anime next ep preview: it's not King here's who it is lets move on

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    So, now there's about a 40 chapter gap between the anime and manga, and since the anime doesn't have to take breaks unlike poor Oda, is there a chance they might overtake the manga?
    Of course not. The anime would obviously just slow down its pace even more to allow a reasonable gap between it and the source material. In any other instance they'd just do a filler arc to stall for time, but I doubt they'll go down that route in the middle of the current arc.

40 chapters isn't even that close of a gap considering it's One Piece and it has been fairly closer than that.

The gap has been roughly 40 chapters since I started following the series in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    The gap has been roughly 40 chapters since I started following the series in 2008.
    As far as I remember, it was around 32 chapters since 2009 or so, until last year or so.

Apoo is really infurating. I hope he gets defeated and then becomes forgotten by Oda.

One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Quote Originally Posted by Oshawott View Post
    Of course not. The anime would obviously just slow down its pace even more to allow a reasonable gap between it and the source material. In any other instance they'd just do a filler arc to stall for time, but I doubt they'll go down that route in the middle of the current arc.
    Spoiler:
    Maybe Kaido can take the skull on a tour of the world and host a fighting tournament on the moon before finally coming back to Wano.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Spoiler:
    Maybe Kaido can take the skull on a tour of the world and host a fighting tournament on the moon before finally coming back to Wano.
    That would be hilarious.

This episode was fine overall. Got the job done.

BM is one of the best pirates and she doesn’t know what a port is? Tell me that’s just a bad translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    BM is one of the best pirates and she doesn’t know what a port is? Tell me that’s just a bad translation.
    It's a bit ambiguous in the Japanese, and Stephen's TL (which is so much better than the Toei subs it verges on being comical) has "What do you mean, "port"?" which could instead be taken as more of a "Excuse me, you expect them to dock at the port? Oh, you silly girl, that is not where they'll be coming from!"

I thought the point was that Big Mom simply didn't know that there was a secret port at Onigashima where the BM pirates could dock, which is why they were still trying to climb the waterfall to reach Wano.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    The whole point is Beasts Pirates use a hidden port to reach Wano (and by extension Onigashima) without having to climb the huge waterfall which sunk both Whitebeard's first ship and the Sunny. No one bothered to inform Linlin about it and this is why her crew keeps trying to pass by the waterfall even after King already rejected them once. And this is why they're not on Onigashima already. Big Mom is just asking what port the girl is talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Yeah, I know all that. The translation was rough though. It was something like, “What is a port?” What she should’ve said was, “There’s a port?”

These translations are often really embarrassing, and the worst part is that they carry over to other languages.
    At least with the official Brazilian subs, it's rather obviously done over the English translation and not the original Japanese dialogue.

What I hate most is when clearly the translation is done over only the text. I mean, you can literally see the one translating didn't watched the episode while doing. For example, the Queen flashback in Who's-Who ending dialogue where the first's lines are mistranslated as the latter's ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information