+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1833

Thread: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Default Re: The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Also, from today's What the Fuck Just Happened Today?:

Texas COVID-19 hospitalizations have increased by 400% in the last month. As of Aug. 15, the state has reported around 2.8 million confirmed cases in 254 counties and 515,585 probable cases in 230 counties since the pandemic began. (Texas Tribune)

A quickie excerpt:

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Federal employees, which, I would assume but confess am not entirely certain, include White House staffers and people at the CDC, are required to be vaccinated, or adhere to strict masking guidelines if not and have been since late July.

Biden orders tough new vaccination rules for federal workers

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle...2c675d99f1d9ad

Quickie excerpt:

Which, again, affirms my point that "getting the vaccine is better than not getting it", even if it doesn't include the CDC or White House specifically (and there's no reason to assume it doesn't).
    So some can just mask up and not take the vaccine? Meaning they don't have to fully vaccinate.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Lol, what does this even mean? You've literally proven absolutely nothing at all.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honestly, guys, at this point I'm just gonna go with the assumption that Cockycent is merely attempting to troll and rile people up, as he tends to do. It's probably the most generous interpretation for him and for the rest of us.
    As I noted earlier, my own money is on pure contrarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    So some can just mask up and not take the vaccine? Meaning they don't have to fully vaccinate.
    Which, again, does not invalidate the point of "getting the vaccine is better than not getting it" since, if nothing else, getting vaccinated would make their lives significantly easier since they wouldn't have to deal with "new rules on mandatory masking, weekly testing, distancing and more"

I think, at this stage, Cockycent, you no longer have a real argument against not getting a vaccine. Not when your last posts have been either grammar nitpicks which fail to negate the actual point, or "what ifs" that also fail to negate the actual point.

I'm not going to try to convince you to get vaccinated. I have no power over you to compel you and you don't seem interested in listening, anyway. My goal in this conversation has been to try and understand the reasoning behind why someone would be so against the vaccine that the idea of getting it would be "taking an L". At this point, I'm convinced the reasoning boils down to "I just don't wanna" or something against being made to do something by someone else, no matter how demonstrably beneficial it would be to you and yours.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    As I noted earlier, my own money is on pure contrarianism.

Which, again, does not invalidate the point of "getting the vaccine is better than not getting it" since, if nothing else, getting vaccinated would make their lives significantly easier since they wouldn't have to deal with "new rules on mandatory masking, weekly testing, distancing and more"
    Makes sense why they all aren't fully vaccinated, despite the entity they work for pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Makes sense why they all aren't fully vaccinated, despite the entity they work for pushing it.
    Gonna need some context for that statement there since nothing I said causes it to make sense why they aren't all fully vaccinated, despite the entity they work for pushing it.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

I think that Cocky's being sarcastic. He's pointing out that it doesn't make sense that government employees wouldn't follow behaviors that their own government is advocating for.

But I also think that, if you take Pariston's posts into account, it actually does make sense. We do live in a world where people value their own individual freedoms more than their own safety or the welfare of others.

It should also be noted that there is a very high number of government employees who are hard core Republican voters and, as has become apparent, there are a lot of Republicans who refuse to take the vaccine for... reasons.

Lol, what does this even mean?
    I am not sure though, but it could mean that the issue is that there are only two options.

Also, people should just stop thinking that disagreeing is an attempt at trolling anyone.
    Been there
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Also, people should just stop thinking that disagreeing is an attempt at trolling anyone.
    Been there
    I'm certainly not saying all disagreement = trolling. Disagreeing is one thing. But when someone offers reasons for not doing something that defy all logic and outright contradict themselves, and then double down on that anti-logic when people call them out on this and conveniently sidestep/ignore any and all points that prove they're contradicting themselves, then yeah, eventually it's actually less exhausting to assume that the person is either trolling or, as sgamer said, being a contrarian, as opposed to the idea that they're simply that ignorant of facts and unable to comprehend basic logic and statistics.
    Hidden:

I'm certainly not saying all disagreement = trolling. Disagreeing is one thing. But when someone offers reasons for not doing something that defy all logic and outright contradict themselves, and then double down on that anti-logic when people call them out on this and conveniently sidestep/ignore any and all points that prove they're contradicting themselves, then yeah, eventually it's actually less exhausting to assume that the person is either trolling or, as sgamer said, being a contrarian, as opposed to the idea that they're simply that ignorant of facts and unable to comprehend basic logic and statistics.
    To be fair, Hanlon's Razor is a thing.

Anytime some anti-vaxxer is giving you shit about COVID, tell or show them this:

Hidden:

Biden administration expected to advise Covid booster shots for most Americans

Top health officials in the Biden administration are coalescing around an agreement that most Americans should get Covid booster shots eight months after becoming fully vaccinated, two sources familiar with the discussions tell CNN.

The plan, which is still being developed, would involve administering third shots beginning in mid- to late September, one source added, pending authorization from the US Food and Drug Administration. Pfizer and BioNTech said Monday that the companies have submitted initial data to the FDA to support the use of booster doses for their Covid-19 vaccines.

The plan could be announced as soon as this week, though the timing could slide. Until now, federal health officials have said boosters are not needed by the general population. Last week, the FDA authorized third doses for some people who are immunocompromised and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention almost immediately recommended giving those doses.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/16/polit...ion/index.html

Does anyone have any vaccination statistics by state? I wonder where there are more vaccine opponents

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

People are idiots.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Hate needles?

Good god. And yes I know Trypanophbia is a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Hate needles?Good god. And yes I know Trypanophbia is a thing.
    If we're talking a legit phobia I could forgive it, myself. It's not a logical reason but things like phobias aren't necessarily logical. I'm less inclined to be forgiving a mere dislike of needles though. Particularly since, if my experience was any indication, the shot goes by so fast it's possible to not even notice if.

Yeah, if it's a true phobia it's easy to forgive them. Same way you'd be ok with someone with severe fear of the dark (nyctophobia) not being able to go outside at night. But people who "just don't wanna" are whiny little bitches who need to grow the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I wonder what percentage of that is caused by religion.

Everyone's favorite Texas governor who stood against masks and other safety precautions went and got COVID. Even though he was vaccinated:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ab...ANqOQB?ocid=sf

My grandmother, who has not been vaccinated, once told me that part of her reason for not getting it was because she believed it may be a mark of Satan.

I'm not sure if she truly believes that, but...jeez.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information